(Note: numbers in parentheses after kami names
refer to position in How Many Kami table
From Merged Shrines
Tenso Jinja 天祖神社
Earliest mention of: 1801
offshoot shrine was set up. It was small and was built immediately under a large pine tree. and given the name Hebi-Inari (蛇稲荷, Snake Inari) following the discovery of an albino Japanese rat snake (白蛇) living in the tree's roots.
The shrine probably dates to September 1801, when the area was suffering from extensive flood damage. In an attempt to gain divine relief an appeal was made to Fushimi Inari Jinja and through the bunrei process an
(Click on images to expand them)
The Great Kantō Earthquake of 1923 saw both the shrine and the large pine tree completely destroyed, but what seems to have been a Buddhist hall of worship (Hakkaku-dō, 八角堂)was built atop the stump of the pine tree and given the name Myōhō (妙法, Marvellous Law of the Buddha) Inari. The Hakkaku-dō was destroyed during the 1945 firebombing and rebuilt in 1956.