(Note: numbers in parentheses after kami names
refer to position in How Many Kami table)
Annual Festival: November 25
Although this Tenjin-sha is now an auxiliary shrine (sessha, 摂社) of Yoroi Jinja it was once a shrine its own right--it was in fact ine of the 25 Edo Tenjin--and there is a possibility that it may have been the predecessor of the Naruko Ten Jinja (成子天神社), about one km to the south at Nishi-Shinjuku 8-14-10. A possibility, because both Tenjin-Sha and Naruko Ten Jinja probably originated in what is now the Kitakashiwagi Park about 400 m to the north.
About 700 m from Ōkubo Station and situated directly to the left of the main Yoroi Jinja torii. The shrine is small but houses a pair of distinctive koma-inu which date to 1721. The plinths they are seated on are examples of 庚申塔 (kōshintō), and as such are quite unusual. In October 1985 they were designated as tangible folk cultural assets by Shinjuku-ku.