(Note: numbers in parentheses after kami names
refer to position in How Many Kami table)
From Merged Shrines
Earliest mention of:
Annual Festival: November 3
This shrine is the sixth of the Haneda Seven Fuku Inari Jinja and like the others, with the exception of Anamori Inari Jinja, its affairs are managed by Haneda Jinja. "Shirauo" means "icefish", and the shrine’s name derives from the custom of the Haneda fishermen making an offering of icefish there when the season’s first catch was landed.
It is unclear when it was founded, but the Shinpen tells us that the area of Hanedaryōshi-machi (羽田猟師町), the old name for the place where the shrine is located, developed between 1645 and 1703 and it is likely that the shrine has existed since the beginning of the Edo Period. From the early 20th century the industry of extracting sand and other materials from the nearby River Tamagawa grew rapidly and people involved in this industry began to worship at the shrine. The current main hall was dedicated in June 1967; its predecessor was one of the few buildings in Haneda of any size which was not destroyed during the WWII bombing raids. In April 1978 the shrine was certified as a religious corporation.
(Click on images to expand them)