The Seven Tennoji Miya  天王寺七宮

June ??, 2020

The Seven Tennoji Miya were all built to act as external spiritual guardians to the Buddhist Temple Shitennnō-ji , after it was built on the orders of Shōtoku Taishi in 1593. The seven shrines are shown below; three of them have been merged into  Ōe Jinja

Ōe Jinja  大江神社
Kaminomiya Jinja 上之宮神社  merged into Ōe Jinja
Shōgi Jinja 小儀神社 merged into Ōe Jinja, was in front of Shitennō-ji's East Gate

Dotō Jinja  土塔神社 merged into Ōe Jinja, was in front of Shitennō-ji's South Gate


Kubo Jinja 久保神社  Katsuyama 2-5-14
Kobore Inari Jinja   河堀稲生神社 Daidō 3-7-3
Horikoshi Jinja 堀越神社 Chausuyama-chō 1-8

© Rod Lucas 2016-2020

All text and photos by Lucas unless otherwise stated